Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this bio and look at my photographs. I find so much beauty surrounding us and it pleases me to capture and share some of those moments with you. My camera has become my paintbrush and I love to create images that inspire and renew our spirit. It is such a joy to work with my customers and clients to create memories that will last a lifetime.
My wife Kathy and I moved to the Seattle area over 15 years ago and it is just a fantastic place to live. The region is blessed with incredible natural beauty and filled with wonderful places to visit. My love for photography began as a hobby 10 years ago when Kathy bought me my first camera for a father's day gift. Since that time I have been hooked and I enjoy being outdoors with my camera. My retirement from Weyerhaeuser in September of 2016 has allowed me time to fully focus on building my business and developing my own unique brand.
My initial passion in photography was focused on nature, wildlife and landscapes but over the last few years I have expanded into portraits, weddings, family events, and other professional portfolio images.
My recent photography trips have included a week long workshop taught by Joseph Rossbach on capturing fall color in the Grand Tetons and a Nooksack River trip with my good friend Rick May to capture Bald Eagles.
I have attended several courses and workshops taught by Scott Manthey while he was an instructor at Greenriver Community College. In addition, I have completed 10 courses from BetterPhoto.com during the time BetterPhoto was offering online course material. I am active member of the Rainier Hills Photography Club where I am serving as a member of the activity committee. Needless to say I am constantly seeking ways to improve my photographic skills. David Godwin Photography is currently for sale and exhibited at the Wildbirds Unlimited store in Covington, Washington.
Please take a few minutes to look around at my website and galleries and if you have any interest in owning a piece of original photographic art please contact David Godwin Photography today.
|Primary camera:||Canon 5D mark iv|
|Backup cameras:||Canon 5D mark iii |
Canon G12 – small mirrorless
|Lenses:||f/2.8 16 to 35 mm zoom (L series glass)|
f/2.8 24 to 70 mm zoom (L series glass)
f/2.8 70 to 200 mm zoom (L series glass)
f/2.8 100 mm macro lens
Tamron f/5.6 150 to 600 mm zoom lens
|Other Key Equipment:||Gitzo carbon fiber tripod|
Canon 580 EX II Speedlight
Set of 4 studio light units and related equipment
Latest Awards & Recognition
- Washington State Fair in September - Two Peoples Choice awards, one for "Resting Near the Tetons" and another for "Swiftly Go the Clouds"
- BetterPhoto.Com Monthly contest for August 2017 – (had over 4500 entries) the image "Higher Point of View" won second place in the animal category
- Washington State Fair Photographers competition in September– 2nd place award in the General category for “Textures in Red”
- PSA International competition the image in September “Clear Reflections” won both Best of Scenics in the large print division and a People’s choice award in the large print division.
- BetterPhoto.Com Monthly contest for September – (had over 5000 entries) “Swiftly Go the Clouds” photographed on the Grand Tetons workshop won the Grand Prize